Living along the West Coast, it should come as no surprise we live in an area that earthquakes can impact. I find it shocking, so few of us know what to do when we feel the ground start to shake.
Taking immediate action in an Earthquake could save your life!
“DROP, COVER & HOLD ON” is what we must do when we feel the earth start to move, to help protect us from danger.
- First, drop down and get underneath a table or desk. If a table or desk is not accessible, go against an interior wall and crouch down.
- Then cover your head with your arms for added protection from falling debris.
- Hold on till the shaking stops, then slowly count to 60. Survey your area and carefully get out from underneath the table or desk, ensuring no debris or broken glass could injure you.
Don’t be Panicked – Be Prepared!
- ShakeOut Earthquake Drill –October 21 at 10:21 – Are you Registered? - October 18, 2021
- COVID19 – Add these 3 Essential Items to your Disaster Preparedness Kits to stay safe! - August 27, 2021
- The Weather Outside is Frightful – Frightfully Hot! - June 27, 2021